Our Mission Statement: Guide inspired middle school students to maximize their personal potential for lasting independent success through accelerated academic learning and expeditionary leadership.
Our Vision Statement: To become the model of middle school expeditionary and academic education in the United States.
- The Middle School years represent the most critical time to shape students for life-long success. This crucial period should be managed strategically because the changes students experience developmentally, academically, emotionally, and physically happen at a much greater rate in comparison to elementary school, high school, and college.
- Expeditionary Learning is intentionally designed to challenge students, create specific personal accomplishments, and instill a confidence in self that is essential in all aspects of a student’s life.
- Rigorous Academic Challenges are necessary to prepare middle school students for manifold successes in high school and college.
- Creative Individual Expression allows students to discover and focus on their personal priorities and is vital to long-term success.
- Middle School students need to learn effective work and studentship habits to enable them to accelerate in all academic endeavors while maximizing their unique talent sets.
- The Odyssey School enrollment is intentionally small by design in order to achieve the optimal middle school experience for students. Odyssey’s design is informed by current adolescent educational research and strives to provide a high-impact learning experience.
- Odyssey School creates a community that excites students to want to come to school every day.
- A Social- Emotional Learning Program (SEL) develops emotional intelligence, self-awareness, empathy, and a sense of respect and tolerance for all.
“The world is our Odyssey.”